26 January 2012

The ORIGINAL original Land Of The Lost

Almost anyone reading this will think of stop-motion dinosaurs on Saturday morning TV when asked about THE LAND OF THE LOST, unless you only know of that horrible crapfest with Will Ferrell.
  In the 40s, there was a radio program by that title about the adventures of two children who traveled underwater with the fatherly fish Red Lantern. Written and narrated by Isabel Manning Hewson,  the radio series aired from 1943 to 1948 on the Mutual Broadcasting System and ABC. Art Carney was the voice of Red Lantern.


EC comics published a comic book series, which lasted for nine issues, beginning in 1946. It was illustrated by Dayton Ohio native Olive Bailey.
Here is a story from the first issue:
(click twice to enlarge)













4 comments:

  1. Hey there, You have done an excellent job. I will definitely digg it and personally recommend
    to my friends. I am sure they will be benefited from this website.
    my page - mcallen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...this blog is powered by coffee & praise.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for posting this! I run a wiki about women in comics (linked to my name), and it's always great when lovely people like yourself make my research and collection of creator photos/art samples easier!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks...your wiki is very comprehensive. Me, I'm just unfocused and post what interests me, until my free storage runs out.

      Delete