11 September 2011

September the 11th

I wasn't going to post anything on this blog, seeing as how this is meant to be a fun thing, but I can't help it. I'm sure  I'll get hate mail for this.
   As a nation we now seem to thrive having somber memorials and hanging ribbons, and all we do about things is grope people at airports and use 911 as an excuse to keep the military employed. Some act like it was a natural disaster like a hurricane that took down the towers.
   I saw a sign at a local elementary school today that said WE WILL NEVER FORGET. Alas, the kids in that school will not have anything to forget. They have never known what it was like before the attack. It's the adults that are forgetting...forgetting all the things that made America great in the 20th century, and all for a small , mostly false,feeling of security.

So, I don't begrudge people their bell ringing, their ceremonies...like religion, if it makes you feel better then there is no harm in it. I am just bothered by marking this a milestone. I'm sure those behind the attack on our civilization are whooping it up. "For ten years we've make them afraid of their shadow!"

The people across the street let off a bunch of fireworks this  morning. If I'd let my inner jerk loose, he'd have grabbed them by the collar and said.."What? You think this is a day of celebration? You think this is the 4th of July?"

No comments:

Post a Comment